Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Cleveland Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Cleveland

Find out more on Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Cleveland Now!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reverse Mortgage Guy Has Brush with History

By Johnwahn Vanrock

This is not one of my typical articles. Usually, I'm attempting to educate the public about one aspect of the reverse mortgage.

Not today. I had a brush with someone last night that made me feel just damn good about my country and my business.

So you know why I'm so interested to write to you about this subject you should know a little tidbit about me. I'm 41 years old and am an avid history buff. Most particularly I hone in on post 1900 American history.

Fortunately I'm in the reverse mortgage business. If I wasn't I wouldn't have talked with the man I spoke to yesterday. We talked for at least a half hour about him getting a reverse mortgage.

We weren't too far from saying our goodbyes when a made mention in passing about where he was stationed in 1947. That was close enough to WWII that I was compelled to ask if he had served.

He affirmed that he served in WWII and was in Pearl Harbor the day the Japanese attacked.

Whooohh Nelly! Now the whole conversation has turned into a little gold mine for me. There aren't many of these guys left.

Not only was he there but he was on the West Virginia when it was hit by seven torpedos. He said he looked out the port hole and could see them coming just before they hit.

In one of the explosions from a torpedo he was hit hard and blacked out. In all the confusion in the hours and days thereafter he was listed as dead. And his family was notified.

The family memorialized his death as well.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a skeptic and don't take everything at face value. So, i looked him up on the internet later. There he was. And the story was a spot on match.

I had to relate this story about an American Hero. It has absolutely nothing to do with reverse mortgages, but I think a great story anyway.

What a great phone call to speak to a man who was actually there and remembers the day. I have to say I'm glad to be in the reverse mortgage business. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home